Sunday, September 23, 2007

tools for teaching

Interim grades are due this week. Hard to believe it's that time already. My school uses a Veracross database for grades and coordinating student information. It took a couple of years to get everyone used to it, but it has lots of useful functions.
When grading papers on my Lenovo tablet, I have students submit their papers via email. I then complete a grading rubric and mark their paper on the tablet. I can return the images to them via email as pictures, they do not have tablets. When I return the paper, I can then conference with them individually. Now, we both have a copy of the original and the draft that I marked. If students want to resubmit the paper for extra credit, I can compare the revised draft to the original submitted.

No comments: