Sunday, September 23, 2007

coming up next

Well, I tried http://www.bubbl.us/ with my students, and it was pretty much of a failure. We couldn't work on the site at the same time. This seems like a good tool for an individual or a group that doesn't work simultaneously. It seems that Inspiration is much better for an individual to use and make a web. I love that you can turn the web map into an outline and vice versa.
This week I'll try Google's presentation function in Google Documents. I have a template presentation set up with directions: http://docs.google.com/Present?docid=dgj6cwv7_1f76s2d&fs=true. My students will then work in small groups to make their own presentations. There is an im part that I haven't experiemented with, but I think that my students will love. I'll love that you can view a transcript of their conversation and track changes, like wikispaces. I think that this kind of work in a classroom will really encourage quieter students to be more active participants in the planning and execution of the task.

1 comment:

Comapping said...

Here is another really good collaborative web-based mind mapping tool that might be worth looking at comapping.com.

Been quite successful within the education segment