Sunday, August 26, 2007

american literature

I am so excited to start a new year of American Literature. I have particular plans for increasing my use of technology with my Am Lit classes. My students will begin the year by posting their summer reading essays on www.librarything.com. I love this social network as a place to not only record the books that I have read recently, but also to leave reviews and reflections to share with others. I particularly enjoy skimming the statistics on the Zeitgeist. I hope that my students will browse and find book recommendations throughout their busy year, but I know that we will find it particulary useful at the end of the year for the contemporary literature selections. My students will post their reviews in the Mrs. Clark Evans Am Lit Readers group. I hope that you check it out and leave us some comments.

No comments: