Monday, April 7, 2008

presentation

Presented with Susan today about using web 2.0 for personal and student learning. My concept is that learning has not changed, but the means of engaging in the learning process is enhanced. By using web 2.0 tools for myself I have practiced and learned ways to use the tools effectively in my classroom. I mainly talked about using wikispaces and blogs. If we think of learning as a process and not a product, then the reasons for using online tools become more self evident. Learning hasn't changed, but the opportunities for varying lessons, collaborating, and reflecting are greatly enhanced. Using this tools makes the learning process more authentic, rewarding, and engaging. I enjoyed sharing my successes and challenges and meeting some new people with whom I can now collaborate. The most important thing that teachers of 21st century students can do is model 21st century learning themselves.

No comments: